Meal Delivery services have been around for quite some time now and it’s been steadily gaining popularity. Essentially a meal delivery service sends dishes to your home that require minimum time and effort to prepare, most are dishes that you can should be able to prepare after a hard days’ work. It also introduces you to a variety of foods that you probably ordinarily wouldn’t have made at home. I recently got the opportunity to review Dinner Thyme, a meal delivery service which delivers quick and easy meals that are supposed to takes less than 20 minutes to prepare.
Here’s how it works: You go to the website and choose from 15 items on the weekly menu. Meals range from $9.95 to $12.95 per portion. You can choose single portions or up to 4 portions per meal. I chose 2 single portions and 1 double. You receive a refrigerated box with the ingredients already portioned to the exact measurement needed; that’s right, no measuring needed.
Beef Empanadas with Black Bean Salsa….I broke my meatless month to take a bite and it was worth it 😉. I'm a few days away from the end of my meatless month so its all good. #sunday #empanadas #salsa #atlanta #bestfoodworld #eattheworld #myBHG #foodwinewomen #caribbeanfood #vscocam #foodpic #forkyeah #thekitchn #buzzfeast #foodstagram #foodporn #foodie #island360 #picoftheday #instafood #instalike #beautifulcuisine #guyana #guyanese #yum #yummy #eat
What I like about it:
- The meals are quick to prepare. I order the Chicken and Waffles with Braised Kale and Butter Syrup, Brussels Orecchiette in a Garlic Wine Sauce and Beef Empanadas with Black Bean Salsa and all but the beef empanadas took less than 20 minutes. The empanadas took around 25 minutes so that’s not bad!
- Everything is portioned off and labeled. Each item is labeled with a letter that matches the letter on the instructions for that recipe; it’s very hard to mix up what’s needed for what.
- Clear and easy to follow instructions.
- It tells you how exactly how many days are best to prepare each dish from the time of delivery. For example the chicken and waffles are best if prepared within 4 days from the day it was delivered.
- The meals were delicious.
What I didn’t like about it:
- Calorie count was too high on some of the meals. Two out of 3 meals were over 800 calories per serving. The third meal, which was the Brussels Orecchiette, comes in under 400 calories.
- Not enough meatless options. Some weeks there are no meatless options and other’s just 1.
Overall I think it’s a great option for those that are too busy to spend a lot of time in the kitchen. It takes the guess work out of what to have for dinner and with minimum effort you will have a great meal. Have you tried meal delivery service before?
This was a sponsored post in collaboration with the Association of Food Bloggers and Dinner Thyme, but all opinions expressed are my own