Some meals are born out of simply working with the ingredients on hand and this coconut pasta was no different. A few weeks ago I shared this beautiful plate of coconut pasta on my Instagram (Jehancancook) and was asked to share the recipe, it took me a little longer than I had hoped but here it is. It was one of those days where I had a little of this and a little of that and being inspired by the well known rasta pasta; I stepped into the kitchen, running on little time and created something tasty. I love the simplicity of this dish and its great on its own or you can add any type of meat, fish or shellfish. I’ve made this is spaghetti and linguini but any shape pasta would work just as well.
- ¾ lb pasta
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper cut into thin strips
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1 tsp crushed ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1-13oz can Coconut Milk
- 2 chicken bouillon(omit to make dish vegan)
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- Salt to taste
- 3 scallion, thinly sliced
- Cook pasta according to directions on the package.
- While the pasta cooks, in a wide pot over medium fire heat oil. When oil is hot, add red bell pepper, carrot, ginger and garlic and cook for about 2 minutes until the vegetables soften.
- Add coconut milk, chicken bouillon, black pepper, red pepper flakes and bring to a boil. Cook until coconut milk thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Add cooked and drained pasta and salt to taste then toss to coat. Cook for an additional minute. Remove from heat and add fresh chopped scallion. Serve with sliced avocado.